One of the first recipe books I used when I was growing up was my Mum’s copy of Nigella Lawson’s How to be a Domestic Goddess. My love of all things banana always drew me to this recipe for scrummy (but quite healthy!) banana muffins.
What you’ll need*
1. muffins [wet] = 30g butter + 2 overflowing tbps golden syrup + 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2. muffins [banana]= 2 large very ripe bananas
3. muffins [dry] = 150g plain flour + 1 heaped tsp baking powder + 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda + 1/2 tsp cinnamon + pinch salt + (optional) porridge oats to top
(*recipe from nigella lawson’s How to be a domestic goddess)
How to make it
oven on: 190 fan
1. Wet ingredients: small pan, low heat. melt butter & syrup with vanilla. remove from heat. cool
3. Dry ingredients: large bowl. mix flour, baking powder, bicarb, cinnamon, salt. add banana mix. stir minimally until just combined. should be lumpy mess.
4. Cook: spoon mix into lined muffin tin (12 holes). sprinkle each with a few oats. bake for 25 minutes. cool on wire rack.
Enjoy warm straight from the oven, for breakfast or a delicious snack!