In preparation for a bake sale at work on Monday, I decided to make my favourite cookies. This recipe is from the Carnation website, and it’s the magic ingredient of condensed milk that makes them so delicious!
What you’ll need*
1. cookie ingredients = 225g unsalted butter + 225g caster sugar + 170g condensed milk + 350g self-raising flour + 150g white chocolate + 175g raspberries
(*see CARNATION For full recipe)
How to make it
oven on: 160 fan
1. Cookie dough [wet]: cream butter, sugar & condensed milk. beat/whisk until light & pale.
2. Cookie dough [dry]: fold in flour.
2. Chocolate: break chocolate into blender. blitz into small chunks. mix into cookie dough.
3. Prepare: take small pieces of dough. flatten into circle. wrap around one raspberry. roll into ball.
4. bake: space out dough balls on lined baking sheets. bake in batches for 15 mins. golden brown at the edges & still soft in the middle. leave to cool. cool further on racks.
The cookies should be delightfully chewy, with crispy edges. The raspberry inside is a gorgeous surprise each time.