A real treat … rich chocolate brownies with a biscuit base and grilled marshmallow topping. This recipe is a combination of the gluten free Doves Farm brownies and Food Network s’more brownies. So they were suitable for my flatmate to enjoy I made these with gluten free biscuits and gluten free flour.
What you’ll need*
1. biscuit base = (gluten free) digestive biscuits [170g] + butter [80g] + sugar [2tbsp] + salt [pinch] + white chocolate chunks
2. brownies = butter [100g] + dark chocolate [150g] + (gluten free) plain flour [100g] + caster sugar [100g] + soft brown sugar [100g] + eggs  + baking powder [1tsp] + vanilla extract [1tsp]
3. marshmallow topping = white marshmallows
(*based on food network and doves farm recipes)
How to make it
oven on: 160 fan
1. Biscuit base: crush biscuits. mix in melted butter. stir in sugar and pinch salt. press into lined tin. bake for 20mins. sprinkle over white chocolate chunks.
3. Brownies [dry]: separately mix flour and baking powder. stir into wet ingredients. mix until shiny.
4. Cook: pour onto biscuit base. bake for 30-35min.
5. Marshmallow topping: slice marshmallows. lay on top of brownies. heat under hot grill.
Allow the marshmallow to cool. Slice the brownies into squares. I found this easiest with a hot knife (pour boiling water over the knife between each slice).
These lasted well in sealed boxes. Especially yummy heated up in microwave for 30 seconds.